Corporate trainings are professional programs developed to equip employees to the organizational culture and work style. The basic corporate trainings are the in-house programs designed to familiarize employees with the-
- Job requirements
- Functional, Technical Knowledge and Work processes
- Work culture
And various other aspects of the job.
Why do companies opt for corporate training?
Corporate training is a must to keep up with the changing dynamics of business these days. Companies nowadays devote a complete department towards training by the name Training and Development Department.
Corporate training is needed to-
- Acclimatize new employees to the organization’s work culture and what is expected out of them
- To upgrade current employees with what’s new happening in the market
- To survive in the ever-changing market conditions
THE RECENT LEARNING AND DEVELOPMENT TRENDS
In the age of technology, the gap between learning and learners has been bridged by the presence of internet that connects people to interact and learn through convenience and effectiveness.
So here are a few recent learning trends seen-
LEARNING VIA SMARTPHONE
Smart phones are a boon to people today. Smart phones provide access to the internet which facilitates the flow of learning since employees can learn new concepts, skills and much more with just one click.
This not only proves beneficial for the employee, organizations also gain benefit out of the skills employees display. Employees have advantage of individual growth if they keep themselves updated with the nuances of market dynamics and organizations can bank upon these skills to generate productivity in operations.
1. SOCIAL LEARNING
- Social learning as the name suggests is learning via social media. Although this concept has been there for quite some time, but its presence has been felt now by organizations when they hire a higher proportion of millennial as part of their work force.
- Employees today are more comfortable with working over Skype rather than mails because it seems more convenient. Moreover, updates on media like Face book and What Sapp, applications like You-Tube for videos have made learning fun and user friendly. Employees can learn at their own pace which results in better understanding the concepts.
2. COLLABORATIVE LEARNING
- It involves learning in a group through online platforms such as in the form of blogs, e-mail exchange and even discussion forums as mentioned above between members of an organization. Collaborative learning enables people to resolve their doubts as well as enhance their knowledge horizon because as the saying goes, “when we learn together we learn better”
3. VIRTUAL REALITY
- VR is the new in thing all set to re-define the norms of training and development. It is a concept wherein employees can learn through augmented reality of a real-life incident, say, a case study on problem solving is presented to employees, it can be created in augmented reality where employees play various characters to get a feel of the situation. This way they learn and grasp the concept better.
- People can virtually connect from any part of the globe through VR.
4. eLEARNING: THE NEW FOCUS
- eLearning is an emerging trend in the domain of training since companies are now switching to online learning modes for employees, the advantage being clear, purpose of training is achieved in a cost effective and impactful manner.
- eLearning is specifically learning via an electronic media where internet forms the catalyst that bridges the gap between information and eLearning.
Classroom training’s are the traditional forms of training where there is Instructor Led Training executed. This still is very much prevalent and companies do engage in some form of classroom training because no matter what interaction with the trainer, face to face is more effective than via social platforms always.
Yet to be in the race, companies are doing away with the traditional aspect of classroom training which was more trainer driven, and are adding elements that make learning more learner oriented. Trainers now make use of activities to engage learners in assimilation and implementation of learning through various activities like- case studies, games, brainstorming sessions, group discussions etc just to grab the attention of learners.
So that’s all about the recent trends and how they help add value to business is understood by the way companies are heading towards online eLearning platforms to be in the rat race of survival.
They say, “Only change is permanent “, so if companies want to remain in the market they’ll have to change or they’ll be changed.