Emotional intelligence is the ability to be aware of and to manage emotions and relationships. It’s a pivotal factor in personal and professional success. IQ will get you in the door, but it is your EQ, your ability to connect with others and manage the emotions of yourself and others, that will determine how successful you are in life. This program helps you enhance your EQ and thereby live a more fulfilling life.
Emotional intelligence is not a fad in the corporate world. But it has come to be recognized as one of the vital principles that facilitate people live healthier and happier lives and bring productivity in work place environment. According to Dr. Cary Cherniss ‘Emotional intelligence contributes to corporate profit performance’.
People are no more validated by their IQ but based on their EQ. Emotional intelligence deals with how people learn to manage, control and direct their emotions in a healthy manner. It also covers about self-awareness and social awareness as well as self-motivation and social skills.
Emotional intelligence comprises of two aspects namely, understanding you as an individual and understanding others. Understanding yourself includes knowing your goals, attitude, behavior, intentions and motives. Understanding others entails understanding others feelings and their perceptions. Emotional intelligence helps everyone manage their professional and personal lives in a healthy, happy way. This program will enable employees, trainers, managers, HR professionals, business leaders to facilitate focus, development and assessment of emotional intelligence in their organization.
- Enhance the emotional intelligence of employees to improve personal and organizational effectiveness
- Understand what emotional intelligence means
- Recognize how our emotional health and physical health are related
- Learn techniques to understand, use, and appreciate the role of emotional intelligence in the workplace
- Understand the different emotions and how to manage them
- Understand the difference between optimism and pessimism
- Validate emotions in others